More often than you might think, we get asked, “Do you treat men?” and our answer is always a resounding “Yes!” In fact, some of our best patients are men, who are referred to us by their wives or girlfriends.
Once sought after nearly exclusively by women, non-invasive cosmetic treatments and services are quickly becoming a norm for men. While men still make up a minority (around 10-20%), the numbers are growing and growing quickly.
So, if you’re a woman who thinks your man might benefit from a med spa visit, here are some things you might consider before suggesting it to him:
- Men are becoming increasingly concerned about their appearance according to a recent article by the National Library of Medicine. We women see this reflected in their anti-aging behaviors, interest in fitness and increased use of skincare products.
- Recommend the right med spa that has not only the experience but is “man-friendly.” As practitioners who work with men, we must be aware of the facial and body structures that are unique to men. At Restoration MedSpa, we take pride in our ability to treat men.
- Some procedures can also have a substantial health benefit in thwarting pre-cancerous lesions, sun damage and age spots that we see so often among very active and outdoorsy men. In fact, the FDA-has cleared LaseMD™ in removing precancerous lesions, potentially preventing surgery or other methods that can cause scarring. Facial treatments like micro-needling, lasers, peels, hydra-facials and even deep cleansing do a great job of rejuvenating a man’s skin.
- Men in a competitive workplace environment are lining up for injectables like Botox® and Juvéderm®. They require little down time and can subtly make a big difference in a man’s face. At Restoration MedSpa, we also offer Kybella® treatments to counter the double-chin that is genetic for many men.
- Laser hair removal is a more effective way to comfortably reduce your man’s unwanted hair. We saw the dawn of body shaving and waxing among men a couple of decades ago (and we women have been thankful), but it has been difficult and often painful for men to sustain. That’s no longer the case.
- Even before Ian Poulter’s recent promotion of CoolSculpting® to improve a man’s golf swing by getting rid of unwanted belly fat, we saw an uptick in men seeking body contouring services. If the love handles have turned into handlebars, CoolSculpting® might be the answer for ridding some of your guy’s unwanted fat.
If you’re thinking of recommending a non-invasive cosmetic treatment or service for your man, contact Restoration MedSpa today to schedule a complementary consultation or give us a call at 336.999.8295. You’ll thank us!