Tis the season to be jolly and sometimes overindulge! If you have been or are planning to “party til you drop,” it can take its toll on your face and skin.
Here are some tips to help keep your skin damage free and your face vibrant and nourished.
- Remove your makeup before you go to bed – This can be hard to do! Especially if you come home late after a party… cleaning your face is usually the last thing on your mind. Even if you cannot go all in and do the entire cleanse, try using a make-up remover or towelette wipe. Some are even infused with aloe and vitamins that will soothe and moisturize your skin. Restoration MedSpa recommends Colorescience Hydrating Cleanings Cloths. If you do have the energy to completely cleanse, we recommend using the SkinMedica Facial Cleanser.
- Hydrate Externally and Internally – If you have been drinking, remember the main thing alcohol does to you is dehydrate your entire body – including your skin. When your skin gets dehydrated, it shows. Fine lines are more obvious, and your pores are more noticeable. This will be the first thing you see when you look in the mirror the next morning! Drinking water during your evening out is particularly wise; however, the effects of internal hydration won’t immediately show up on your face the next day. If you need a quick hydrating fix the next the morning, try SkinMedica’s HA5® Rejuvenating Hydrator.
- Put Your Face on Ice – Yikes! – Redness on your face can be caused by drinking alcohol, which dilates the blood vessels. One way to reduce this is to put an ice-cold compress on the affected area for a few minutes. This is a quick fix, but beware, extended drinking can cause permanent redness and skin damage to your face.
- De-Puff the Eyes – After a night of drinking, the eyes become bloodshot. Also, the diuretic effects of alcohol can lead to dehydration, which tells your body to retain water. That fluid retention can also cause puffiness. Try the Total Eye Concentrate Kit from Colorescience. It’s a great solution to help keep you looking radiant and refreshed. With powerful ingredients, these products work to immediately minimize the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles, while delivering lasting results to restore the delicate eye area.
- Exfoliate Regularly – Great skincare starts with an at home exfoliator. If your skin feels a bit overworked, try a good but gentle scrub. Remove alcohol-damaged skin cells with an exfoliating scrub to remove the top layer of dead skin cells. By regularly exfoliating, you allow your moisturizer and other products to be more effective. Restoration MedSpa recommends this SkinMedica AHA BHA Exfoliating Cleanser.
- Clean Your Makeup Brushes – Applying makeup with dirty brushes will not only give you an uneven application, but they can carry bacteria, dirt and oil, leading to acne and breakouts. Keep your tools and brushes cleaned regularly so you’re not adding bacteria to your face. Colorescience Brush Cleaning Wipes are specifically formulated to clean and remove residue and makeup, plus they have contain pleasant natural orange and lemon oils.
- Moisturize – It may seem obvious, but when it comes to dewy, glowing skin, moisturizing is essential. When your skin is dry, it can look dull, so hydrating ingredients can help restore a glow. For oily skin, adding moisture may seem counter-intuitive, but using an oil-free hydrator with ingredients like hyaluronic acid can actually help reduce oiliness and even out the shine. The Ultra Sheer Moisturizer from SkinMedica improves the overall appearance of your skin. For normal to dry skin, Restoration MedSpa recommends SkinMedica’s Rejuvenative Moisturizer
- Seal your Skin with a Spritz – After you have done all of the damage control you can, give your face a final spritz of moisture with a hydrating spray. Many sprays are energizing and are packed with skin-brightening nutrients derived from citrus fruits to help snap sleep-deprived, hungover skin into shape. Restoration MedSpa loves the moisture-rich colorescience Hydrating Mist.
- Schedule a New Years’ Facial – Restoration MedSpa’s Hydrafacial is just the thing to get 2020 started off on the right skin care regimen. The Hydrafacial will cleanse, exfoliate, extract and infuse hydration back into your skin so that you’re on the right track for facing the New Year! Give your face a newer, fresher foundation, so skincare products can penetrate, making all your products work better. Just contact us to schedule your appointment.
Whatever you’re facing for your skin care needs, start the New Year right with Restoration MedSpa! Contact us today for more information about any of these products or about services that will help ring in 2020 with the healthiest skin possible.